PV MED 207: INSTALLATION OF INVERTER SYSTEMS & ELECTRICAL LOAD SHARING AND BALANCING
This is a Two-Day ONSITE course, mainly for electricians.
This takes place twice a week. Monday to Tuesday and Thursday to Friday except Public Holidays.
The main objective of this course is to equip candidates with the knowledge of what they need, to build an effective inverter system for either homes or offices to serve as an electrical power backup when there is power outage from the National Grid.
Candidates should also know that inverter systems so built can eventually be upgraded to a Solar Energy System at the behest of the client.
During the classroom-based and Practical sessions you will cover the Lesson Objectives below:
- Candidates should understand what inverters are and various types available
- Know the functions of inverters.
- Know the basic inverter operation and Output Waveform.
- Understand the various applications of inverter, they should know that inverters can be used for a variety of applications that range from small car adapters to household or office applications, and large grid systems.
- Be able to plan and practically build various Inverter System Installations for a variety of Loads in homes and offices setting. And test and commission these.
- Learn how to carry out an effective Load Sharing and Balancing in the Distribution Board on the Inverter System so built to maximise the efficiency of the systems as well as allow longer-hour power output for the system.
- Carryout Commissioning and Client Hand-Over.
- Learn about Maintenance and Fault Finding
- Candidates should understand and know all the solar products they need to upgrade the inverter system they have built into a full fledge Solar Energy System, and if necessary, upgrade this into a higher capacity.
Assessment will be based in on individual/group work on the Inverter Systems built during the practical sessions.
Key practical skills learnt to be assessed will be:
- How to plan and prepare for installation
- How to install cabling, inverter and AC supply
- Load Sharing and Balancing
- Commissioning and handover of the system built.
- Schedule of inspections and Maintenance
Back to course category